4 Beef fillets
250ml Four Winds Vineyard Sangiovese
1 Tbs. tomato paste
2 French shallots, cut into wedges
150g Brown mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. Thyme, chopped
2 tsp. Butter
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
1 Tbs. Olive oil for frying
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper
- Add the steak and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or longer, depending on how well done you like your steak.
- Transfer the fillets to a platter to “rest” and keep warm in a low oven
- Add the French shallots to the pan and sauté over a low heat for 5 minutes or until lightly caramelised.
- Add in the mushrooms and thyme, increasing the heat and stirring constantly until the mushrooms are cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Add the wine and tomato paste
- Bring the sauce to a simmer stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens about, 10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the butter.
- 10.Pour the sauce over the fillet and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
- 11.Serve immediately